Monday, May 21, 2012

Awww... Cool.






If you are having a hard time finding some romantic/mushy love poems to read to your loved ones during Valentines Day/Father's Day/Mother's Day/I-love-my-bros-Day. Go and take a look at Jimmy Santiago Baca's I am Offering this poem. Recite it, and I guarantee you that your receiver will have one of the following responses: "Awww..." and "Cool."

Essentially that's what it is, a heartwarming,  son-of-a-gun-I-need-to-punch-a-wall-to-gain-my-manliness-back type of deal. And you don't need to be ashamed. But since I was reading this for literary analysis purpose; I withheld my femininity and analyzed the crap out of it.

What surprised me the most after reading his writing, is to find a small biography on his upbringing. A man of his past is shockingly capable of such emotional words and passionate lyrics. If anyone is interested in understanding more about this man, feel free to read the biography on his website (below). Chances are, you'll learn to appreciate what you have as a youth.

http://www.jimmysantiagobaca.com/biography.html 

No comments:

Post a Comment